The motorcycle helmet is a very important part of the Riding because there is no compromise on the level of cost. Dirt bike helmets are no exception! Because if you are off-road riding, the most important thing is to check yourself first in case of a serious injury.
So to get full protection in a motocross track there is nothing better than a dirt bike helmet. This safety helmet is specially designed to protect you from serious hits during a crash. You have seen the unique design of the dirt bike helmets, which is very different from the road helmet due to its extended chin, larger air ventilation, and shell design. This uniqueness proves that these helmets play an important role in external driving and provide riders or motorcyclists with exceptional safety. That’s why today we came with our Top 7 Best Dirt Bike Helmet Reviews to help you decide which helmet will be suitable for you.
List of Top 7 Dirt Bike Helmets
The “Evo” version of the thermally-assisted helmet improved the motocross material early in the operating system on the LS2. This redesigned anti-rotation balancing system replaces the MIPS design cap. The result is a Subverter Evo cap that is soft, easy, and safe for riders. Combined with the KPA LS2 architecture, the Evo Subverter utilizes three different types of helmets for low profile and low weight. Head and neck injuries can be caused by adding a flexible umbrella, break-resistant sun peak.
The legacy of the race continues with a total of thirty-five intake and exits for the best ventilation system. The Evo Subverter interface offers unparalleled visibility and is integrated into almost any goggle. The inner lining is used a moisture-wicking, antimicrobial design to maximize comfort and airflow, the Evo Subverter Helmet is DOT and ECE 22.05 safety certifications.
- LS2 Kinetic Polymer Alloy shell
- Integrated Synthetic Sliding Impact System
- Three shell sizes
- 35 total intake and exhaust ports
- Oversized eyeport compatible with all goggles
- Moisture-wicking, anti-bacterial interior fabrics
- Removable, washable cheek pads and liners
- 3D laser-cut cheek pad and EPS structure
- Flexible, break-resistant sun visor
- Double D-rings closure
- DOT and ECE 22.05 certified
The second generation of the best 509 Altitude series is designed to ride harder and introduce new animals. At the top of the podium is a 509 Altitude 2.0 Carbon Fiber 3K R-Series helmet featuring a lighter and stronger hand lay-up carbon composite construction. Race-ready orange and ECE certified, it includes the secure fit of a dual D-ring chin strap.
- Hand lay-up carbon fiber composite construction
- XS to 4X sizes available in three shells for optimal fit and minimal weight
- Upper vents with on/off shutter closure for airflow control
- Go-Pro mounting capability, improved design
- Perfect fit between helmet eyeport and 509 goggles
- Pro-Series Breathbox for complete protection, removable for optimal air flow
- Race ready Orange to comply with ISR regulations
- DOT/ECE dual certified helmet to comply with ISR regulations
- Dual Ring chin strap closure for secure and racing tight
- 509 helmet bag included
The Troy Lee SE4 Speed Team Carbon helmet is the first Motocross helmet and equipped with MIPS and combines braking safety 13% higher than EPS (polystyrene) for maximum safety and head protection. This featherweight helmet weighs only 1,325 grams and makes it a lightweight TLD helmet. The SE4 helmet eliminates 6-channel high pressure that provides 10 ports in the cold air and connects it to the 6-port exhaust ports, fed by 9 internal passages to provide better thermal conductivity if you have one safety, light, and highest quality.
- MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain
- Technologically advanced Carbon / DuPont™ Kevlar®composite shell construction
- Three separate EPS inserts with varying low and high speed impact-specific densities
- Three shell sizes to more accurately fit a variety of head sizes and rider ages, improving overall safety
- Anatomical 3D contoured cheek pads with emergency release system for EMS responders
- 21 Intake / Exhaust Ports channel air to cool the head and draw hot air away
- Removable snap-in, washable Comfort Liner with CoolMax and Dri-lex moisture wicking materials
- Superlight titanium D-rings, save weight and have increased material tensile strength
- Plastic visor screws and brass inserts for easy impact break-away
- Exceeds certifications for Snell M2015, DOT FMVSS 218
Troy Lee Designs’ young “GP” Skully Helmet starts with a unique TLD blend made from polyacrylate material for rigid, full weight for running. Hats, covers that can be moved and easy mounts make the helmet a good companion for anyone who travels miles away. Immediate withdrawal with DOT / ECE certification provides you with better care. To accommodate, the size of the GP helmet is expanded to three, shells.
- Technologically advanced polyacrylate shell construction
- EPP chin bar for lightweight and durable protection
- Quick Release 3D cheek pads and washable comfort liner
- Plastic visor screws and brass inserts for easy impact break-away
- 16 intake vents
- 12 exhaust ports
- Soft TLD drawstring bag included
- DOT and ECE R22.05 certified
The V3 helmet is the most advanced technology offered by Fox. It builds off its championship-winning heritage with a highly ventilated design and a systematic approach to protecting you from both linear and rotational impacts. Technology-enhancing equipment includes tools for rebellion in operations, including features such as Fluid Internal® and Fox MVRS. Used and refined in the world with the speed of the race, the V3 was made for the motocross champion.
- Fluid Inside™ is designed to help dissipate rotational and linear energy transmitted to the rider’s brain in the event of a crash
- Magnetic Visor Release System (MVRS) allows the visor to detach during a crash
- Dual-density Varizorb™ EPS liner is meant to provide improved protection by spreading the forces of impact across a wider surface area
- Patent-pending chin bar/eye port CAGE ™ is intended to improve energy management in the event of an impact
- MCT (Multi Composite Technology) Shell construction that blends Carbon and FRP resins to provide a light yet rigid external shell
- Injected Mesh vent screens provide superior ventilation and airflow, while maintaining protection from dirt and debris
- Removable, washable X-Static® comfort liner and cheek pads are antimicrobial and manage odor while wicking moisture away from the head
- 4 shell and EPS sizes for best in class fit
- Meets or exceeds DOT and/or ECE 22.05 standards
Koroyd cores crush homogeneously when impacted, slowing the energy from the impact which reduces trauma. MIPS handles all kinds of rotational forces from an angular position. Plenty of intake and exit vents keep you cool by sliding down a fire escape or crawling through technical trails. The Carbon Climate fiber shell provides both strength and lightness so that over time you can reduce fatigue. High ventilation, lightweight shell, and unique protective features distinguish the Klim F5 Koroyd helmet from other off-road valves that lack new technology.
- Full Klim Karbon fiber shell
- 3 shell sizes and 3 dual density EPS sizes
- Hybrid impact protection combines multiple energy absorption technologies
- Koroyd technology
- MIPS technology
- Extra large eye port for maximum field of vision
- Fid-lock strap closure
- 18 intakes and 8 exhaust vents
- Direct vent EPS design, designed to intake air at speed / exhaust heat while at low speeds or stopped
- Neck brace compatible
- Moisture-wicking Drylex comfort liner with anti-microbial and anti bacterial materials
- Includes helmet bag, breath box, windstopper liner, extra peak and hardware
- DOT and ECE certified
The Sedici Strada 2 helmet continues as the previous occupants have abandoned function and protection for all riders. The combination of glass fiber and aramid fibers creates a strong, shell-like structure. Three differences in the shell compared to the previous character and make sure that the helmet you choose fits like the lower helmet. The aerodynamics of the walkway lower the elevator and the speed of the accelerator so you can focus on the road ahead. The double density of EPS on both sides cuts through the channels that help direct the air out through the helmet for better air access.
- Aerodynamically tuned shape reduces lift and turbulence
- 3 shell sizes: XS-SM, MD-LG, XL-3XL
- Dual-density EPS liner channeled for airflow
- 4 EPS liner sizes: XS-SM, MD-LG, XL-2XL, 3XL
- Quick-release flat race shield is anti-scratch and Pinlock ready (Pinlock insert sold separately)
- A second, smoke face shield is included
- Seamless 360-degree face shield gasket minimizes wind noise
- Dark smoke internal drop down sun visor
- 2 position high flow chin vent channels fresh air across the inner shield and rider’s face
- Dual intake vents at the crown with 3 settings
- 3 rear exhaust vents to maximize air extraction
- Adjustable padding at forehead and temples with 5mm of customization
- Removable chin skirt helps minimize wind noise
- Reflective inserts at bottom of neck roll and cheek pads
Things to keep in mind when buying a dirt/motocross helmet
There are many things to keep in mind before buying a safety helmet. Without considering everything, you will not get the best helmet and this can lead to injury. Here are some things to keep in mind; we talk below.
Make Sure It Fits You
The most important thing you need to check before you buy a helmet is right for you. It can never be too weak or too tight. You need a helmet that does not move when you shake your head. Before you purchase a helmet, make sure you have a good measurement of your head, including measuring your hair. Therefore, the correct measurement is important for compatibility, which should be the first consideration.
What Is Your Budget?
So, dirt bike helmets can be very expensive, so you have to spend a lot of money to buy these helmets. Especially if you want to invest in other things like a wallet. However, do not cover your face to save a little money to spend on your helmet. There are expensive shoes and there are other items under your budget but few will save your safety. Bring a helmet to protect yourself and at the same time, change your money, if necessary. Of course, you are the rider; Always know what you want for safety.
Weight & Protection
Another thing that is necessary to be considered for your safety is the weight of the helmet. The components that it takes to make a helmet adds weight to it, thus making it a bit heavier. However, the heavier the helmet, the more protection you have. Thus, you need to get a helmet that is heavy enough for your ultimate protection. Keep in mind that it should neither be too heavy to affect your riding nor too light to jeopardize your safety.
Another important factor to consider for your safety is the weight of the helmet. The weight of the helmet adds to its weight, making it even heavier. However, the bigger the helmet, the safer it is. And for safety, you need to have a heavy helmet. Remember it should not be too heavy to affect your car, or should it be too heavy to keep you safe.
Ventilation & Airflow
Another important thing to keep in mind is fresh air. With good air, you can ride more, and providing the right level of safety makes your helmet easier. In addition, these air conditioners cool down while motorcycling. That’s why it’s important to try on the helmet before you buy it because if the air is not good, your head sweats as well as heat, which reduces your energy and makes you faint while riding.
Buying a motorcycle helmet or some kind of motorcycle helmet is a complex task. There are so many great helmets that it can be difficult to choose the right one for you. After reading our review, I’m sure you can choose a helmet that suits your needs and riding type. After all, there’s no point in writing this article about the best dirt bike helmets money can buy.
See More Top Helmets Revzilla